I made Mr. Gnome from the Wee Wonderfuls pattern. Aidan saw me looking at a picture of the project online one day and yelled "Santa!" Of course, I immediately bought the pattern and picked out Santa colors. I think it is adorable.
I had some problems and one of the worst kind with me trimming a little fabric and cutting a hole in Santa's beard! I hate to say it but I fixed it with a zigzag stitch... I knew if I had to start over it wouldn't get completed. It is fairly obvious where the fix is if you've made the pattern.
I mostly used fleece as wool felt is hard to find (and pricey) and that might have contributed to problems I had. I also wish I had time to practice a new technique rather than jumping in. Hilary made it very easy to understand, I don't think I'm as experienced of a sewer as I would like to be.
I had difficulty sewing 1/8" seam because my needle doesn't move to that small of a seam and I couldn't see where I was stitching. Finally, something happened with my tension when I was sewing the front and back together (bird's nest). It took forever to undo!
That being said, I know Aidan will love him and will overlook any flaws made out of love.
More pictures here and below.