Here's Aidan on Monday at his nursery school costume party. I didn't have a lot of time to stuff it (it needs to be stuffed with newspaper). So he is a bit of a droopy spider. Plus, it might be a little big on him. Tonight, I will get better pictures as our Trick or Treat is this evening.
I made this costume using Simplicity 3593 (see at right). Aidan requested that he be a tarantula but that made me think of that fuzzy fabric which I used to make his cardinal costume last year. I gently convinced him a black widow might be fun!
Changes I made included adding an extra set of legs so that, including Aidan's limbs, there would be 8 legs. I put the hourglass on the belly and added the eyes and chompers (chenille pipe cleaners that sewed in nicely) to the hat.
After the jump, I have pictures of Aidan's last two costumes that I made. He was a cardinal last year and a frog two years ago.